Friday, December 07, 2007

A Little Break from Noses

I took a little break from noses to do some quick sketches. Anita Davies turned me onto these through her blog (see links to artists' blogs) at the posemaniacs site. They give you a figure to draw and it's only there for 30 seconds. No time to stress about details. It's an exercise to engage the right side of the brain to tune out details and draw shapes....or something like that. Anyway, it's a great exercise that I'll continue (just won't post them here...too many in too short a time).


1 comment:

Linda East said...

Hi Penny...first let me thank you for your visit to my blogs and for entering my giveaway for OWOH. Secondly...I just wanted to tell you how wonderful and talented you are. I love all of your drawings but I particularly like these line drawings...having been an art teacher for nearly 30 years, I am always attracted to line drawings, most people have no idea how difficut it is to create the correct proportions in line drawings..and you have done an awesome job here..your portraits are wonderful also...Your blog is terrific. I would like to trade blog links with you if you are interested. You can email me at eastjewels@yahoo.com
Create & Share
Linda (Okla)